Kitchen Mold Removal and Remediation
For most households, kitchen cleaning is a daily task. Unfortunately, mold can still find its way into your home and invade your kitchen.
Mold is more than unseemly to look at. It produces strong odors and can impact your home’s indoor air quality. Mold does not belong anywhere in your home, especially where you prepare food for your family.
When you come across mold in your kitchen, getting rid of it as soon as possible is the best way to prevent it from spreading or causing structural damage. Assured Restoration can help you with kitchen mold removal and remediation in West Palm Beach, FL.
What Causes Kitchen Mold?
Mold relies on humidity and low ventilation to thrive. Moisture from cooking or washing dishes is a common cause of kitchen mold. It can also grow on the food or morsels in your pantry.
There are three main places to keep an eye on when inspecting for mold:
- The cabinets under your sink
- Dishwashers and the area underneath
- Wooden cabinets
Because most of the water in your kitchen comes out of your sink and dishwasher, it is safe to say that those are the most likely places to attract mold. Wooden cabinets are a popular choice for most kitchens; however, they are also more prone to molding.
What Is The Removal/Remediation Process?
Mold problems are usually caused by water problems. Deal with the water problem, and you’ve dealt a big blow at the mold problem. This will at least prevent or mitigate further expansion of the mold, while you deal with the growth as it is. In doing this for you, our team will also come up a remediation plan that will provide insight as to when work will start and be completed, who will be performing it, the relevant tests to be conducted, and advise on whether or not you should evacuate the building, during the period of removal and remediation. We would also calculate the extent of the mold’s spread. Once it has been successfully removed, remediation commences to ensure that new mold growth does not occur.
Can You Remove All Traces Of Mold?
Lets get one fact out there first, it is chemically impossible to remove absolutely every trace of mold, down to the single microbe of mold. Where cool water occurs, mold usually follows. What you don’t want is for it to become an epidemic. We’re putting this out there to distinguish ourselves from many other restoration companies that might claim to guarantee 100% removal of mold. Our team at Assured Restoration understand the chemistry behind mold growth, that’s why we won’t make spurious claims about our services. In our experience, we’ve come across several unique patterns in mold outbreaks, but generally it comes and ends like this:
- Assured Restoration is contacted to help deal with mold outbreak
- Our team inspects the said outbreak and gives a damage assessment at the end of the inspection.
- We proceed to contain the mold, so it cannot grow any further.
- The air coming in is filtered.
- We move mold and material that have been infested by the mold.
- These materials, and those not yet infested are cleaned up.
- We then commence the mold remediation process.
How to Prevent Mold in Your Kitchen
Preventing mold is a lot easier than removing it. Here are some simple steps you can do to prevent it from growing in your kitchen:
- Use the exhaust fan while you are cooking. This helps reduce humidity and moisture.
- Throw away any old food, especially if it starts to rot.
- Seal any cracks around your sink to prevent leaking water.
- Use antibacterial cleaners.
- Clean up any spills immediately.
- Check your appliances for leaks.
How to Remove Mold from Your Kitchen
If you do happen to find mold in your kitchen, follow these steps to remove it properly:
- Use a specialized, mold-targeted cleaner from the store. Bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and distilled white vinegar are known to be effective alternatives.
- Spray the solution directly on the mold and use a cloth to scrub it away. If you are using a store-bought cleaner, follow the instructions specified on the bottle.
- Rinse with warm water and a rag.
- Thoroughly dry and inspect the area. If you still notice some mold, repeat these steps until the area is clean.
Click here to learn more about mold removal.
When you need help tackling the mold in your kitchen, let the experts at Assured Restoration help. We know what it takes to get rid of mold and keep it away. Call us today at 561-286-4297 for kitchen mold removal and remediation in West Palm Beach, FL.